As the National Radio Society for Ireland, IRTS represents the interests of Amateur Radio, both nationally and internationally.
Membership includes licensed radio amateurs as well as shortwave listeners – many of our listener members are working to become licensed in due course.
You can help to promote Amateur Radio and participate fully in the society's activities by becoming a member.
Any person who is interested in the objectives of the Society may be admitted to membership.
The annual membership subscription for licensed members is €30 while for shortwave listeners it is €25.
We also have rates for family membership, members resident outside Ireland, students and the unwaged – full details are on the application form.
To Join, Please download the application form here and electronically fill and save using your pdf reader application,
and send via email to the society Treasurer. Alternatively, you can print the form, fill it out and send it via post to the address on the form.
In addition to representing the interests of members at National and International levels, IRTS services to members and clubs include …
- Regular Journal Echo Ireland
- Monthly email newsletter EiNews
- Weekly radio news bulletin broadcasts
- Insurance cover for clubs
- PAR fund grants to clubs
- Administration of the HAREC Exam system
- Forum for members on Groups.io
- Supporting Irish DXpeditions
- Supporting AREN, the IRTS Emergency Network
- QSL bureau
- Contests, giving members an opportunity to test their operating skills
Payment Options …
- Use our online payments system
- With a bank account in the Republic of Ireland, you can pay your membership subscription by Direct Debit.
- Cheque or an Irish postal order payable to Irish Radio Transmitters Society
- By way of electronic transfer: contact the Treasurer for account details