Where to Start
An online Course Guide is available here. This Course Guide covers the topics included in the exam Syllabus …
While we cannot guarantee that every question asked in an exam is dealt with comprehensively in the Course Guide, we are confident that a candidate who is familiar with the material in the Couse Guide should have no difficulty passing the exam.
(A zip file of the Course Guide is available on the Downloads page, for offline viewing.)
Some Essential Reading …
We suggest that candidates and tutors should obtain a copy of Studying for the Harmonised Amateur Radio Examination Certificate, available on the Downloads page of the IRTS website. This document contains:
- The exam syllabus – as well as outlining the topics to be covered in the exam, the syllabus includes –
- Notes for candidates – designed to assist candidates and their teachers with their work in preparing for the exam by suggesting certain areas worth focusing on
- Four pages of Annexes – containing key information very relevant to the exam questions
- Sample paper – a useful guide to how the questions are presented in the exam
- Examination Reports – these reports, published by the Examinations Board, include observations and advice that should be of assistance to anyone studying for the Licence Examination
We have assembled a Document Pack which includes the Syllabus, Notes for Candidates, Sample Paper and Examination Reports, as well as reference documents for the Licensing Conditions and Operating Rules and Procedures sections of the syllabus. A zip file of this pack is available on our Downloads page.
Our page of Radio Theory Links (see below) has many useful links to web sites containing information on radio theory.