As the National Radio Society for Ireland, IRTS represents the interests of Amateur Radio, both nationally and internationally.
Membership includes licensed radio amateurs as well as shortwave listeners – many of our listener members are working to become licensed in due course.
In addition to representing the interests of members, IRTS services include …
- Regular Journal Echo Ireland
- Monthly News Sheet EiNews
- Weekly radio news bulletin
- QSL bureau
- Contests, giving members an opportunity to test their operating skills
You can help to promote Amateur Radio and participate fully in the society's activities by becoming a member.
Any person who is interested in the objects of the Society may be admitted to membership.
The annual membership subscription for licensed members is €30 while for shortwave listeners it is €25.
We also have rates for family membership, members resident outside Ireland, students and the unwaged – full details are on the application form.
Send completed application forms to the society’s Treasurer
Payment Options …
- Use our online payments system
- With a bank account in the Republic of Ireland, you can pay your membership subscription by Direct Debit.
- Cheque or an Irish postal order payable to Irish Radio Transmitters Society
- By way of electronic transfer: contact the Treasurer for account details